Save time whilst enjoying a smooth process. We offer the electronic check clearing system between banks in Jordan to provide you with the most efficient, time-saving and convenient banking experience. Moreover, the system is simple and secure that guarantees utmost safety and peace of mind at all times.
Who is it for?
Checkbooks are only issued to customers who hold active Current or Over Draft NBK accounts.
What Do I Get?
Clearing of checks will be done within 2 business days
All local banks’ checks will be scanned and processed using the new electronic check clearing system.
How do i get it?
If you are an NBK Personal Banking Customer, you will need your Civil ID
- In order to process your checks without any rejections, please ensure you have sufficient funds in your account
- Any checks not meeting the size and security features as stipulated by the Central Bank of Jordan will not be processed using the NBK Electronic Clearing System
Tell Me More
Are there any specific security features that I need to adhere to?
Checkbooks issued by NBK comply with all security features as stipulated by CBJ and these include:
- Type of paper used which does not allow for checks to be photocopied
- Special type of ink
- Watermark as part of the checks
- UV logo
What do I have to remember when dealing with checks?
- Do not write or sign over the MICR code at the bottom of the check.
- Generally keep checks in a good condition - it should not be folded or stapled to the paper. Make sure that your checks are not damaged in any way (i.e.: torn, folded, or crumpled).
- The check should not be exposed to direct sunlight nor kept in a hot place e.g. in a car in direct sunlight as this can damage the UV logo.
- Ensure the availability of sufficient funds in the account before issuing checks (checks returned due to insufficient funds may lead to criminal prosecutions and/ or closure of your account by NBK).
How can I request a check book?
Through your NBK Online Banking service or by visiting the main Branch to sign the request.