Your life is busier than ever and you would like to pay for your purchases seamlessly to save time. NBK Tap & Pay Service makes it easy for you to tap and pay without entering a PIN or providing a signature.
NBK Tap & Pay Service is an all-new feature on NBK Cards. This means that NBK cards are enabled with a new technology that allows for contactless transactions, making shopping and paying for your shopping faster and easier.
All you have to do is wave or tap your card, on a Tap & Pay-enabled machine and you’re good to go.
Who Is It for?
This service is available for all NBK – Jordan Customers who are looking to pay for their everyday purchases faster and easier.
What Can I Do?
By using the newest service, you will now pay for low-cost purchases even faster and more conveniently by tapping the NBK Tap & Pay Card on enabled POS.
How Can I Access It?
Look out for Tap & Pay logo on any POS machine - if you see it, then you can pay using your NBK Tap & Pay Card. You can also use it internationally wherever the service is enabled.
Tell Me More
- When making a payment for an amount less than JD 25 using your NBK Tap & Pay Card, you can wave or tap on the POS to pay without entering your PIN or signing the receipt
- For any payment above JD 25, you will have to pay going through the normal payment process. NBK Tap & Pay service will not apply to transactions of this value
- The NBK Tap & Pay service is currently available for NBK Visa Credit and Debit Cards
- The maximum withdrawal limit through the service is JD 150 per day
- Number of transactions through the service is 6 per day
What is NBK Tap & Pay Service?
NBK Tap & Pay Service is a convenient feature that lets you pay with your NBK Card by simply tapping it on a Tap & Pay enabled POS instead of inserting or swiping your NBK card.
How does the NBK Tap & Pay Service work?
NBK Tap & Pay Cards have an embedded antenna and microchip, enabling "contactless" communication with a reader at the checkout. No swiping, inserting, signing or PIN entry is required for purchases under the cards set limit. If your purchase is over the card set limit, you may be asked to insert your card and enter your PIN instead.
Could I accidentally be charged twice for the same transaction?
This is not possible because for every transaction you will have to enter the value and a receipt will be printed as soon as you tap the card.