You want to shop online knowing that you are protected from any chance of theft or fraud.
To protect your debit card transactions, a two-level authentication process is now required for any local online transactions of KD 25 and above. Besides, the maximum transactions on local websites is 5 per day.
Who is it for?
- All NBK Debit Cardholders
- All online transactions over KD 25 are now mandatory to enter your OTP to complete transactions
- Customers with outdated, invalid or with no mobile numbers on record with NBK will no longer be able to transact online for amounts of KD 25 and above as they will be unable to receive their OTP. Error messages or alerts will be displayed on the KNET payment portal if your OTP is not entered or is entered incorrectly
- To continue to conduct online transactions with OTP protection, kindly ensure your mobile number is always up-to-date remember this two-level authentication process required by KNET
What do I get?
Protection from theft and fraud when shopping online using your NBK Debit Card with KNET.
How does it work?
- The first level of authentication is your debit card PIN number (as with payments of less than KD 25)
- The second level of authentication will be an OTP (One Time Password) that you will receive through SMS
How do I get it?
- If your contact details are up-to-date then there is no need to do anything, you will notice the 2 factor level of security when making online purchases
- If your contact details are not updated, simply contact the NBK Call Center on 1801801 or alternatively you can update your contact details through NBK Online Banking