To ensure you are protected from fraud, we will be releasing the NBKI Authenticator Application that adds another authentication step on your online payments.
Who Is It For?
All cardholders in London and France.
What Can I Do?
The app will allow you to:
- Verify your identity biometrically or via an SMS OTP and static password
- Activate your new card
- View your balance and recent transactions
How does it work?
NBKI Authenticator Application helps reduce payments fraud by authenticating the cardholder when shopping online.
How do I get it?
You can download the application starting from 1st March 2022, and the activation process consists of the following steps:
- Download and install the free NBKI Authenticator Application from Google Play Store or the App Store
- Swipe through 3 welcome screens that explain the app’s features
- Enter your date of birth and mobile phone number
- A reference word will appear on the device instructing you to contact the bank on +47 21499979 for London customers or +33 1565 98600 for Paris customers. Please DO NOT press confirm verification until you have spoken to the bank and confirm your random phrase
- The bank will perform an identity check and verify the reference word against the word shown on their system
- Once verified, press the confirm verification button and the bank will trigger the delivery of a one-time passcode (OTP) by SMS to the client. If you have problem receiving the OTP via SMS, you can request it to your email address (please ensure this is the same address as that we have on record)
- You enter the OTP and then set and confirm a personal code
- Once the personal code is set you will be completely registered
- To set your static password; please select ‘Safe Online Shopping’ within the card settings in the app
How Do I Sign Up?
All you have to do is download the NBKI Authenticator Application and follow the step-by-step guide outlined above.
How does 3D Secure protect me?
3D Secure will verify your identity by sending you the One Time Password (OTP) through SMS, and a Password or facial recognition or fingerprint technology. This ensures you are meeting 2 of the 3 requirements for Strong Customer Authentication. The 3 requirements are as follows:
- Something you know (SMS OTP and static password)
- Something you are (Fingerprint or Facial recognition)
- Something you have (Mobile phone)
What is Strong Customer Authentication?
Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) reduces fraud and makes online and offline contactless payments more secure.
Do I have to download the application?
Yes, even if wish to use SMS OTP and static password you will still require the application to set your static password. If this is not done you will not be able to complete online purchases that cost 30 Euros or more. NBKI Authenticator Application helps prevent fraud and we hope customers can see its benefits.