You prefer quick, convenient and secure way to perform your banking transactions? NBK makes it happen. A flexible way to secure your payments via checkbooks and enjoy the convenience of an debit card for personal accounts. Enjoy simple features for your day-to-day banking needs no matter what your lifestyle is.
Who is it for?
This account is for customers who are 18 years old and above.
What Do I Get?
Free Debit Card for the first time
First free Checkbook 10 Leaves (upon approval and satisfactory in Al Etihad Credit Bureau report)
Access to over 650,000 Visa ATM machines globally
Standing Order service
Free SMS Service
The account can be opened in other currencies
How do I get it?
Minimum deposit to open a current account is AED 2,500.
- Original passport
- Resident ID (Kuwait ID or and Emirates ID – or any resident ID)
- 6 months salary account statements or active account bank statements
- Salary certificate if your salary will transfer to NBK – UAE
- Additional documents may be required as per NBK - UAE internal policy
- Reason of opening with supporting documents if any
- CRS self-declaration form (Available in the branch and need to sign in the branch)
- FATCA self-declaration form (Available in the branch and need to signed in the branch)
Fees And Charges
How can I open an account in NBK - UAE?
It's easy to start an NBK account. Simply visit any of our branches and speak to one of our Relationship Officers.
How do I close my Account?
You need to visit one of our branches (UAE or International for Non-UAE Residents) to submit the request for closing the account.
What if I stop using my account?
If there is no activity on the account for 1 year, the account will go into a inactive status. If there is no activity on the account for 3 years, the account will go to dormant status. If there is no activity on the account for 5 years or more, the account will go to unclaimed status. You should visit any of our branches to reactivate the account.