There’s always something to save for. The NBK Watani Super Account is the best platform to grow your savings. This account allows you to earn interest and provides the convenience of accessing your savings without the need for advance notification. The NBK Watani Super Account is designed for individuals who want a simple way to accumulate interest. It offers competitive quarterly interest rates and allows for the flexibility to withdraw your funds whenever necessary.
The NBK Watani Super Account is also available in line with the principles of Islamic finance.
|Account name||Watani Super Account|
|Currencies available||KWD, GBP, USD and EUR|
|What is the interest rate and how is it calculated?||View Interest rate information or download the Watani Super Summary Box.|
|Can NBKI change the interest rate?||The interest rate on a Watani Super Account is variable. If we reduce the interest rate, we will notify you at least 14 days before the changes take effect. We will notify you when we increase the interest rate shortly after the changes take effect.|
|Can I withdraw money?||Yes, you have instant access to your account, you can make as many withdrawals as you like free of any fee or charge.|
|Information about Tax||Interest will be paid without the deduction of tax Individuals who are UK tax payers may have to pay tax on any interest received that exceeds their Personal Saving Allowance. Further information on Personal Saving Allowance can be found at https://www.gov.uk/apply-tax-free-interest-on-savings|
- You will need to be over 18 years old, and residing or with direct linkage with NBK Group Core countries: Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Lebanon, and Iraq
- You will need to have a NBKI Current Account
- NBKI is no longer able to provide you with Current and Savings Accounts if you live in a country in the European Union (The EU currently consists of: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden) or European Economic Area(The EEA includes EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.).
What Do I Need?
All what we require is that your existing Current Account is valid and your account information is up to date
What Do I Get?
- Quarterly account statements
- Ability to track and manage your savings online
- Direct customer support through your dedicated Relationship Manager. We are available to assist you in person or by phone Monday to Friday (excluding UK bank holidays) between 9:30 and 16:00 UK time
- You can also reach out to us through your Relationship Manager in NBK Branches outside of the UK
What Makes it Special?
- Earn a competitive variable interest rate while retaining access to your funds. Interest is calculated on your daily balance and paid at the end of every quarter
- There is no minimum balance required to open a Watani Super Account, however Minimum Balance Threshold and Minimum Balance Charge may apply
- No limitations on how many times you credit or withdraw funds from your account
- No requirement to deposit a regular amount to this account
- You can open a Watani Super Account in KWD, GBP, USD and EUR
- Access your money instantly, no notice is required
- Available as sole or joint account, you can add joint account members to your accounts with NBKI
- Authorise another person to operate the account for you under a Third Party Mandate
- Set up an Inter Account Transfer between your Watani Super Account and Current Account to maintain a minimum balance in your Current Account
- Save a little every month by setting up a Standing Order or making a lump sum deposit to your Watani Super Account.
- Deposit and withdraw cash at our branch in GBP, USD and EUR. Contact Us 24 hours in advance for withdrawals in excess of GBP 5,000 or currency equivalent
- Make and receive payments to your account
Terms and Conditions
Online Banking is only available to NBKI Current Account holders and if you’re registered to use this services. Terms and Conditions apply. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record calls. Call charges may apply.