An NBKI debit card is liked to your current account. It can be used whenever you see the Visa sign to make purchases in shops, or to withdraw cash from ATMs with the VISA signage.
Who is this for?
Existing NBKI Customers only.
What do i need?
Please visit NBK branch to fill up and submit the request form
What Is So Special?
Safety & Security – Your NBK Debit Card saves you from the hassle of carrying cash
Convenience – Your card allows you the convenience and flexibility to withdraw cash at over one million ATMs across 162 countries, and to shop at over 32 million locations worldwide
- It is essential that you sign your card as soon as you receive it.
- Be cautious when using an ATM. Enter your PIN in such a way that no one can memorize your keystrokes.
- Always take your receipt – never leave it behind at the ATM. Your discarded receipt could make you vulnerable to fraud. Also, don't throw out your debit card statements, receipts or carbon copies without shredding them first.
- Think twice when using your card on the phone. Never give your card number over the telephone unless you initiated the call.
- Even when you place a call to a legitimate merchant, never give out your card number over a cordless phone or a mobile phone. One common scam is when someone calls you back right after you placed an order, and claims to be the merchant. The person will tell you that there was a problem with your card number, and asks you to provide your card number again. Play safe by asking that person to read out the card number that they have, and then you can change any incorrect numbers.
- Ignore any card offers that require you to spend money upfront or fail to disclose the identity of the bank offering the card.
- Make certain that you get your card back after you make a purchase (one good habit to observe is to leave your wallet open in your hand until you have your card back). Also, make sure that you keep any void or cancelled charge slips.
- Always keep handy a list of your cards, card numbers and toll-free phone numbers, including NBKI’s phone numbers, in case your card is lost or stolen.
What is Contactless technology?
Contactless technology is a fast and easy way to pay for goods and services under £30 without entering a PIN. Contactless cards have an embedded antenna in the plastic so that when it is used at a Contactless reader it securely transmits purchase information to and from the Contactless reader. All you have to do is place your Contactless card over the Contactless reader to make the payment.
How do I use my Contactless card?
- Look for the Contactless symbol when paying for items up to £100
- Touch your Contactless card against the symbol until lights turn green
- A beep indicates successful payment. For extra security you may be asked to enter your pin
How does Contactless technology benefit me?
It's faster and easier than other types of payment
- You don't always have to carry cash or worry about looking for exact change when making small value everyday purchases at participating retailers.
- You don't have to enter your PIN for payments under £30. You may have to on some occasions as a security measure to verify that you, the authorised cardholder, are still in possession of the card.
- There's no need to queue for so long; as Contactless speeds up the time it takes to make a payment.
- You are in control because your card never has to leave your hand when making a payment at the reader.
- You will have a record of all your everyday purchases on your account statement.
I want more information
To learn more about Contactless cards, please click here