Type of Fund:
Open-ended balanced fund with capital growth and periodic distribution.
The Fund seeks capital appreciation through investing in equities as well as medium and long-term fixed income instruments. The Fund aims to achieve the best possible return, given the level of risk taken and to distribute annual dividends to certificate holders.
Subscription and Redemption:
Subscription for new certificates or redemption of some or all of the certificate’s value can be submitted until 1:00pm on the last working day of every week in any branch of NBK Egypt.
There are no subscription or redemption fees.
Who Is It For?
Al-Mizan Fund is suitable for investors who want to invest in the stock market while simultaneously limiting their risk exposure due to its balanced nature. To get more information, please call 19336.
What Do I Get?
• Mutual funds offer a diversity, which is both difficult and costly to replicate, allowing small investors the chance to partake in stock market investments.
• Al-Mizan Fund combines the benefits of both investing in the stock market as well as fixed income instruments as it is a balanced fund.
• A diverse array of investments in Egyptian companies listed on the Egyptian Stock Exchange as well as debt instruments which reduce the overall risk of the fund.
• An ease of subscribing and redeeming investment certificates on a weekly basis through the network of NBK Branches.
What Makes It Special?
• NBK Balanced Fund – Al-Mizan currently ranks number 1 among all other Balanced Funds for its 6 year cumulative return of 146.59%.
• NBK Balanced Fund – Al-Mizan, has been recognized by the MENA Fund Manager Magazine as “The Best Performing Fund” in its Balanced Class in the region. This award of exceptional performance was at the MENA Fund Manager Performance Awards 2015 ceremony, held earlier this year in Dubai. The award recognition was based on a series of Fund Management criteria judged by MENA FM editorial panel and a selection of industry experts.
• NBK Balanced Fund received the Zawya Fund Award 2013 for being a top performer in its ‘Balanced Fund Egypt’ class in 2013. Zawya’s Funds Ranking is an independent ranking system, thoroughly unbiased and presenting accurate information with an emphasis on transparency
How Do I Get It?
A minimum investment of EGP 5,000 is required only for the first subscription.
• There are no subscription or redemption fees
• All Admin and Management Fee: approximately 0.88% annually of Net Assets Under Management
• Performance Fee: 7.5% annually of Net Annual Profits exceeding the return of a five-year treasury bond.
Tell me more
The fund’s general investment guidelines:
• The Fund should not invest more than 60% of the Fund’s assets in equities.
• The Fund should not invest more than 60% of the Fund’s assets in fixed income middle, long term and short-term cash instruments together.
What are the benefits of investing in mutual funds?
Allowing investors, both individuals and institutions, the opportunity to invest in fixed income instruments and stocks with minimal capital requirements.
What is the difference between investing in mutual funds and investing directly in the stock market?
Mutual funds allows investors the opportunity to invest in different sectors, reducing the overall risk of the fund. On the other hand, directly investing in the stock market restricts individual investors’ exposure to a limited number of companies, increasing the risk of their overall portfolio.
Are mutual funds subject to review?
Mutual funds are reviewed on a regular basis from an independent reviewer with their semi-annual and annual financial reports printed in two daily, widely recognized newspapers.
How do I track the fund’s performance?
The fund’s certificate price is accessible through all of the bank’s branches as well as a weekly newspaper.