Type of Fund:
Open-ended balanced fund with capital growth and periodic distribution.
The Fund seeks capital appreciation through investing in equities as well as medium and long-term fixed income instruments. The Fund aims to achieve the best possible return, given the level of risk taken and to distribute annual dividends to certificate holders.
Subscription and Redemption:
Subscription for new certificates or redemption of some or all of the certificate certificates’ value can be submitted until 1 PM on the last working day of every week in any branch of NBK- Egypt.
There are no subscription or redemption fees.
Who Is It For?
Al-Mizan Fund is suitable for investors who want to invest in the stock market while simultaneously limiting their risk exposure due to its balanced nature.
What Do I Get?
- Mutual funds offer a diversity, which is both difficult and costly to replicate, allowing small investors the chance to partake in stock market investments
- Al-Mizan Fund combined the benefits of investing in the stock market and fixed income instruments as it is a balanced fund
- A diverse array of investments in Egyptian companies listed on the Egyptian Stock Exchange and debt instruments which reduce the overall risk of the fund
- An ease of subscribing and redeeming investment certificates on a weekly basis through the network of NBK-Egypt Branches
What Makes It Special?
- NBK-Egypt Balanced Fund – Al-Mizan, which is managed by NBK Capital for stock portfolios and mutual funds management, has been recognized by the MENA Fund Manager Magazine as “The Best Performing Fund” in its Balanced Class in the region. This award was given at the MENA Fund Manager Performance Awards 2015 ceremony, held earlier this year in Dubai. The award recognition was based on a series of Fund Management criteria judged by MENA FM editorial panel and a selection of industry experts
- NBK Balanced Fund received the Zawya Fund Award 2014 for being a top performer in its ‘Balanced Fund Egypt’ class in 2013. Zawya’s Funds Ranking is an independent ranking system, thoroughly unbiased and presenting accurate information with an emphasis on transparency
How Do I Get It?
A minimum investment of EGP 5,000 is required only for the first subscription.
Fees And Charges
- There are no subscription or redemption fees
- Total expenses are approximately 0.88% annually of net assets under management, in addition to the fixed fees, which is currently EGP 115,000
- Management Fees: 0.0175% annually of net assets with a minimum EGP 15,000
- Performance Fee is 10% annually of net annual profits exceeding the 10% return on 30/6 of each year
Tell me more
The Fund’s general investment guidelines:
- The Fund should not invest more than 60% of the Fund’s assets in equities
- The Fund should not invest more than 60% of the Fund’s assets in fixed income middle, long term and short-term cash instruments together
- The amount invested in short-term monetary instruments, which include cash and treasury bills (maturity of 91 days) and bank deposits maturing after a maximum period of (91 days) should not be more than 50% of the overall investments of Al-Mizan Fund so that in all cases that percentage should not be less than 10% of the Fund's net assets
- Investing in financing bonds and instruments issued by credit-rated companies that comply with the rules approved by the Capital Market Authority for securities listed on the stock exchange
What are the benefits of investing in mutual funds?
Investors, both individuals and institutions, have the opportunity to invest in the stock market with minimal capital requirements.
What is the difference between investing in mutual funds and investing directly in the stock market?
Mutual funds allow investors to invest in different sectors, reducing the overall risk of the Fund. On the other hand, directly investing in the stock market restricts individual investors’ exposure to a limited number of companies, increasing the risk of their overall portfolio.
Are mutual funds subject to review?
Mutual funds are reviewed on a regular basis from independent reviewers with their semi-annual and annual financial reports printed in two daily, widely recognized newspapers.