What is a current account?
A current account is an account with no interest; it may be opened with all major currencies with the option of issuing a checkbook. This account has the flexibility of depositing and withdrawing easily and the facility of using a check book. A debit card is offered with this account.
What is a super account?
A savings account provides customers with interest depending on their balances. There are several types of savings accounts with different features and benefits to meet your needs. Some account types may be opened in all major currencies. A debit card is offered with this account. No checkbook is offered with this account type.
What is a standing order?
A standing order is an instruction to a bank by an account holder to make regular fixed payments to a particular person or organization. This service is provided to customers for a fee. Fees differ depending on the type of standing order, whether it is being made to a person or an organization.
What is a term deposits account?
A term deposit is an account where you deposit a certain base amount - it will provide you with higher interest rates than a supper account but imposes conditions on the amount, frequency, and/or period of withdrawals.
What are bank fees and charges?
The term bank charges covers all charges and fees made by a bank to their customers with regards to certain services and products. These charges may take many forms such as monthly, annual or once a customer initiates a transaction or requests a service.
How is the interest rate calculated?
Interest is calculated daily and credited 4 times a year (end of March, June, September and December).
What happens if I stop using my account?
If there is no activity on the account for 3 years, the account will go into inactive status. If there is no activity on the account for 5 years or more, the account will go to dormant status until it reaches 10 years of inactivity. A quarterly fee will be charged to inactive and dormant accounts. You may visit any branch and reactivate your inactive and dormant account.
How is interest calculated?
Interest is calculated based on the time period and amount of the deposit on a daily basis and posted at maturity.
How do I change my NBK Term Deposit?
Any instructions given from you related to your deposit, like closing it or amending the amount and/or period, should be through any NBK branch.
What is required to get a checkbook?
You need approval from your branch manager.
Can my checks be of any size or are there guidelines around standard check sizes?
Only checks meeting the standard size requirements will be accepted for processing. Checks should either be 20.3 cm x 7.6 cm or 22.8 cm x 8.9 cm.
Are there any specific security features that I need to adhere to?
Checkbooks issued by NBK Lebanon comply with all security features as stipulated by CBL and these include:
Type of paper used which does not allow for checks to be photocopied
- Special type of ink
- Watermark as part of the checks
- UV logo
What do I have to remember when dealing with checks?
- Do not write or sign over the MICR code at the bottom of the check
- Generally keep checks in a good condition - it should not be folded or stapled to the paper. Make sure that your checks are not damaged in any way (ie: torn, folded, or crumpled)
- The check should not be exposed to direct sunlight nor kept in a hot place e.g. in a car in direct sunlight as this can damage the UV logo
- Ensure the availability of sufficient funds in the account before issuing checks (checks returned due to insufficient funds may lead to criminal prosecutions and/ or closure of your account by NBK)
If I transfer my salary to NBK, what are the loan benefits I get?
Get a loan for whatever you need – a new car, furniture for your house, or anything else – when you transfer your salary.
What happens if I miss paying a monthly installment?
In case you miss paying one of your monthly installments, you will be charged with 0.125% of the overdue amount per month.
What are the NBK Auto Loan criteria for expats?
Car loans can be taken for up to 15 times your monthly salary, with no end of service indemnity and a repayment period of up to 60 months.
What documents do I need to apply for a loan?
To apply for a loan you would need to provide the following documents; a salary certificate or proof of income, passport, civil ID, account statement of the last 6 months and a liabilities certificate.
Is there a loan processing fee?
Yes. The processing fee is 0.75% - subject to a max of USD 5,000 in Lebanon.
Does my salary have to be transferred to NBK Lebanon?
Yes, for Lebanon-based customers, salary should be transferred. May be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Can I settle the loan earlier than maturity?
Yes, however there is a fee (depending on the country you took the loan from).
Can I apply for a loan for a property/land that is incomplete?
No, financing is only available for fully completed properties only. However, it is available in London and subject to condition.
Does NBK offer any other real estate services?
Yes, depending on the country, some of the services are; property search services, registration of property (buying or selling), facilitation of property evaluations, renewal of leases.
Will the property be registered under my name or the bank’s name?
The property will be registered under your name, however mortgaged under the bank’s name.
How frequent are the installments?
Installments are usually monthly, however some locations may be quarterly installments.
Is there a minimum salary requirement to apply for a loan?
Yes. The minimum salary depends on the country you are applying for. Contact NBK Lebanon on 01759700 or visit your local branch on how to find out more information.
What is the annual fee for NBK Credit Cards?
NBK Lebanon tries to make products as convenient as possible for you. Primary and supplementary credit cards are free for the first year and NBK Lebanon only charges from the second year onwards. The annual fee varies, based on the type of credit card. For details contact NBK Lebanon at +961 1 743333 or CST# +961 1 738800.
Where can I use my NBK Credit Card?
NBK Credit Cards are second to none when it comes to acceptance. You can use them both locally and internationally, at ATMs and at numerous merchants.
How can I get a credit limit increase on my credit card?
Simply visit a NBK Lebanon branch, and if you are eligible, NBK will extend the service to you.
How can I upgrade my credit card?
Just contact the NBK Lebanon at +961 1 743333 or CST# +961 1 738800 and find out if you are eligible. If upgrading your credit card requires a credit limit increase, you will be asked by the call center to visit an NBK Lebanon branch to upgrade your credit card.
What should I do if my card is lost or stolen?
NBK Lebanon makes sure our cardholders are as safe as possible. If your card is lost or stolen, contact the NBK Lebanon immediately at +961 1 743333 or CST# +961 1 738800. NBK Lebanon will immediately block your card from unauthorized transactions.
Can I withdraw cash from ATMs?
Yes, you can withdraw cash from any of NBK Lebanon’s conveniently placed ATMs. What’s more, you can withdraw 100% of your available funds.
What Supporting Documentation do I need when Applying for the Card?
NBK Lebanon makes applying easy too. All that is required is a copy of your Civil ID, a copy of your passport, a salary credit to NBK Lebanon and a salary continuation certificate.
Do I need to Activate My Credit Card?
Your security is a priority at NBK Lebanon. To activate your card, simply contact the NBK Lebanon at +961 1 743333 or CST# +961 1 738800. This simple process ensures your security and peace of mind.
What is NBK Secure Shopping?
NBK Secure Shopping adds another authentication step for online payments. It was developed by Visa to improve the security of Internet payments and offered to customers as the Verified by Visa service. MasterCard also offers this to customers under the name MasterCard Secure Code. This authentication is based on a three-domain model hence the 3D in the name 3D Secure Shopping.
Will I need to apply for a new credit card to use NBK Secure Shopping?
No, you will be able to use your existing NBK Credit Card.
Do I have to pay for NBK Secure Shopping service?
NBK Secure Shopping is a free and automatic service provided by NBK to all credit cardholders.
What is 3D Secure?
3D Secure is a free fraud prevention service that helps guard against unauthorized use of your NBK Credit Cards on the Internet. It allows you to enter a security password (Six numbers) we send it to you via SMS, known as your 3D Secure Password.
How does 3D Secure work?
3D Secure is a bit like a PIN for the Internet: When you attempt to provide your Credit Card number at the Merchants site to complete the Purchase a Screen will pop Up requesting you to enter the six digits Password. At this point you will receive SMS message from NBK Lebanon providing the (six digits password).
Entering the correct number will make your transaction pass and complete payment. In case you enter a wrong password; simply the system will request you to re-enter the provided password. You need to double check the password from the SMS sent by NBK Lebanon and re-enter it. Should keep this password secret, just like your PIN.
How does 3D Secure protect me?
Since your card is protected by your personal 3D Secure Password only you can use your card online at any one of the participating merchants.
Will I need to apply for a new card to use 3D Secure?
No. You will be able to use your existing Credit Cards already featured with this service. In case of a New Credit Card is issued, it will automatically be featured with the 3D secure service as well.
Will my account be debited for 3D Secure purchases?
There is no change to the processing of the financial transactions and your account will be debited for Internet purchases amount, without any additional fees. As this is a free of charge service, just as it is now.
Where can I shop with 3D Secure?
Most retailers using 3D Secure will have information on their websites about the service, and where a retailer is signed up you’ll automatically be directed to the 3D secure page when purchasing goods. services.
What happens when NBK Credit Card expires?
If your card expires and is renewed, it will be automatically re-registered for 3D Secure for you.
What happens if I request a replacement card because my previous card was broken, lost or stolen?
It will be automatically re-registered for 3D Secure for you.
Do I have to supply any personal information during this transaction?
In some cases, CSC (The Credit Cards Issuer Company) might ask you about your father’s name, your date of birth, and mobile number to confirm your identity.
In case I have more than one NBK Credit Card. Can I use the same 3D Secure Password for all my cards?
No, with every purchase transaction attempt, you will receive a specific (six digits code)
What is the Card Security Code (CVC)?
The Card Security Code (CVC) is the last three digits that appear on the back of your card, on the signature panel. It is used as an extra security measure to make sure you are in the possession of the card you are registering.
What do I do if I have problems during the payment transaction process?
You can contact us on NBK Website nbk.com.lb or call us at 01 759700. We will be happy to assist you with any problems and answer any questions you may have.
What should I do if I purchase online but the 3D secure screen does not appear?
This may happen if the Merchant is not registered for this service, you can proceed with your payment as usual.
Can I continue to shop at online retailers that do not participate in the 3D Secure service?
Yes, however this purchase will not be able to use 3D Secure service. To complete the purchase at such online retailers, simply follow the regular checkout process.
What happens if my credit card is lost or stolen?
Safety of the credit card is the responsibility of the cardholder. If you find that your Card has been lost or stolen, call +961 1 743333 or CST# +961 1 738800.
Do I need to activate my credit card on receiving it?
Yes, the branch will activate the card as soon as you acknowledge receipt. This is a simple process and is to ensure the safety of your card.
Letters of credit
1. How do I apply for the issuance of an import letter of credit?
Liaise with your NBK Relationship Officer about your needs. To support the issuance of an import letter of credit, you will have to set up a line of credit. Once approved, complete the application for an irrevocable documentary credit and bring it to your NBK Relationship Officer.
If you require assistance in completing the application, you may our Trade Finance division.
2. What is the uniform customs and practice for documentary credits (UCP)?
The uniform customs and practice for documentary credits (UCP) is a set of recognized and internationally accepted rules for documentary credits published by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in Paris, France. These rules are used in the international trade community for determining the roles and responsibilities of all parties involved in letters of credit, including standby letters of credit, where the letter of credit expressly stipulates that it is subject to the UCP.
3. What are the risks to the buyer in an import letter of credit?
Under an import letter of credit, the bank promises to make payment to the seller against the seller's presentation of pre-specified documents. However, it does not provide the buyer with protection if the seller presents documents that comply with the letter of credit but later prove to be fraudulent. If all appropriate documents are presented to the bank in absence of clear fraud, the bank will not be able to refuse payment should a dispute arise between the buyer and seller.
To reduce this risk, a buyer should thoroughly investigate prospective sellers. Our Trade finance experts will assist you in compiling this information using public information available from their global contacts.
4. In what situations would I use a standby letter of credit?
A standby LC provides security to a beneficiary in that promises to pay the beneficiary upon presentation of pre-specified documents. The following are some instances where standby letters of credit are used:
- The buyer to purchase goods without having to make a cash deposit
- Performance related during the tender process of a contract
- Support contractual / payment obligations
5. Can a standby letter of credit be cancelled prior to expiry?
Yes. A standby letter of credit can be cancelled prior to expiry by having the beneficiary return the original standby LC to the Trade Finance division along with a letter printed on the beneficiary’s letterhead, addressing their agreement to the standby letter of credit cancellation.
6. What are standard charges to issue letters of credit?
The commission rate is based upon the risk assumed by collateral and your financial strength.
Commission is collected at the time of issuance of the letter of credit.
Other charges may include correspondent bank charges and expenses incurred by relating to the letter of credit such as courier, swift charges, etc.
7. What is a sight letter of credit?
A letter of credit that is payable once it stipulated documents are present and document has no discrepancies.
8. What is a transferable letter of credit?
The first beneficiary (often a middleman) transfers his rights to a second beneficiary (normally the producer or ultimate seller). According ICC rules, article 38(b), an LC can only be transferred if the issuing bank expressly designates it as transferable. Only the nominated bank or a bank authorized by the issuing bank may transfer the DC.
9. What kind of documents should we require under the letter of credit?
In order to receive payment, the exporter must present the documents stipulated in the letter of credit. There are no requirements for specific documents to be presented in an LC. The list and form is open to negotiation by the seller and the buyer, and sometimes the LC contains requirements to present documents issued by a neutral third party evidencing, for example, the quality of the goods shipped or their place of origin. As a proof that goods have been shipped, the LC often requires some kind of transport document to be presented, for example bill of landing or airway bill. Please see our checklist specifying the most common documents required under a DC presentation under an export documentary credits (DC).
10. Where should I send the import letter of credit application?
Send the application to NBK Head Office.
11. When will we receive payment under the letter of credit?
As per the agreed terms between buyer and seller, the period of credit is decided in the LC. Based on that period of credit, the time to effect payment by the opening bank (buyer's bank) is determined.
12. Am I sure to receive payment when I have a confirmed LC?
Yes, if you have presented correct documents and if has confirmed the LC you can be sure to receive payment at the time of maturity. If the LC is without confirmation you will receive funds when the Issuing bank effects payment.
13. What is a reimbursement bank?
It is the bank designated in the LC to reimburse the nominated bank. Thus it is the bank where the issuing bank maintains an account for the designated currency. The nominated bank will claim funds from the reimbursing bank after having accepted the documents.
14. Who has the documents forwarding risk with or without discrepancies?
If the documents are clean (without discrepancies), the exporter has the risk on the issuing bank. If the documents are discrepant, the seller has the risk on the buyer who has the option to waive the discrepancies or refuse documents.
15. What are the consequences if I deliver documents with discrepancies?
The buyer might refuse to pay, and you may have to sell the goods to another buyer. If the goods, for example, are custom made it can be difficult to find a new buyer.
16. When is the issuing bank no longer obligated to honour the claim?
If LC has already expired and documents presented are discrepant and not accepted by the applicant.
17. Under LC, How much will be the insurance cover?
If the LC does not state the amount of insurance, the insurance document must cover at least 110% of the invoice amount (CIF/CIP value).
18. What is transhipment and partial shipment?
Transhipment is taking shipment from one mode of transport to another during the goods transportation route. Partial shipment is when you ship the goods more than once.
19. If the payment term is cash against documents (i.e. export collection), how can I as an exporter gain control over my goods and secure payment?
The idea with the documentary collection is that the goods remain in your control until the buyer has paid and received the documents. To achieve this, remember to put the collecting bank (buyer's bank) as consignee of the goods in the transport documents.
20. What is an aval?
An aval is a joint commitment by the principal debtor and a third party (normally a financial institution) to make payment of an obligation in favour of the beneficiary. The third party commits itself for the full credit amount in the event that the principal debtor does not fulfill his obligation by the due date.
Letters of guarantee
21. What are URDG?
The uniform rules for demand guarantees, developed by the ICC, are used by banks and businesses across continents and industry sectors. A demand guarantee is an independent undertaking where guarantors are assured that their commitment is subject to its own terms.
22.What is required to issue a guarantee?
A bank guarantee request has to be approved by the bank. Normally you get an offer letter for a specific guarantee or you will get an offer letter for a guarantee facility up to a certain limit. As a customer you must provide us with at least the following information: Name and address of debtor/principal, Name and address of beneficiary, Guarantee amount, Expiry date, What the guarantee is related to (e.g. the underlying contract) and Type of guarantee (e.g. performance, payment or advance payment).
23.What is the price for a guarantee?
The pricing of a guarantee depends on: The amount and length of the guarantee, the type of guarantee, what kind of security the bank receives, the general market situation and the specific situation for your line of business.
24. How do I claim guarantee?
A claim is brought against the guarantor when the beneficiary believes the principal has defaulted with the underlying conditions covered by the guarantee. The claim must state: a reference to the guarantee in question, how the principal has defaulted on the underlying agreement covered by the stated guarantee, and if possible documentation: the amount claimed under the guarantee and to which account the money should be credited.
25. How long time it will take to be paid after claim has presented i.e. when will the bank pay?
Payment will depend on if the guarantee is an accessory or demand guarantee. A demand under an accessory guarantee will be paid when one of the following conditions is true: amicable agreement (e.g. the principal accepts the demand), final judgement in court or arbitration award. Payment under a demand guarantee will depend on the wording of the guarantee, describing what must be presented and when payment should be made.
26. What documentation does NBK need to cancel a guarantee with an open-ended date?
If the guarantee is open ended (i.e. no expiry date), we need either the original guarantee document returned to us or that the beneficiary in writing states that NBK is released from our obligations.
- How can I check if my NBK Online Banking session is secure?
Look for the padlock icon located in the lower right corner of your browser window. A closed or locked padlock indicates a secure connection. Look for the letter “s” at the beginning of the URL address, i.e. https:// – "s" stands for secure.
- How do I sign up to NBK Online Banking?
Select "NBK Online Banking" on NBK.com.lb and then click on "Join" and follow the easy online instructions to enroll to "NBK Online Banking Security Key" to access your account online.
- How do I login to my account on NBK Online Banking?
If you haven’t signed up for a “NBK Online Banking Security Key,” you need to enroll first. To login to your account, you need to answer a security key question and make sure that the selected image matches the phrase, then enter your NBK Online Banking password to login successfully.
- What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
Click on “Forgot password”.
Fill out all the necessary details. Then, click “Submit.”
Select your preferred way to receive the one-time-password: via email or SMS.
- How do I activate my account?
- Login to NBK Online Banking
- Go to the “Balance information” page
- Click on the link for “Account activation” – you will then receive a request to contact NBK Call Center at 01759700
- Enter your debit card number and select to talk to an agent
- How do I get confirmation that my account has been activated successfully?
You will receive a confirmation SMS message on your mobile confirming successful activation.
- How can I cancel the NBK Online Banking activation and go back to limited access?
You can contact NBK Call Center at 01759700 and request to cancel the activation.
- What can I view on the "Balance Information" page?
You can check your account statement from the date you opened the account and track your credit card purchase history (up to 2 years) with an easy download facility to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PDF. You can also keep track of your loan and funds details on an ongoing basis.
- If I have NBK accounts in more than one branch, will I be able to see them all on NBK Online Banking?
To view all you NBK accounts (which were opened in different NBK branches), you will need to request that your branch links all of your accounts.
- What types of transfers can I make online?
You can conduct international or local transfers as well as set up a Standing Order for your recurring payments.
- How will I receive the OTP?
You will receive the verification code by SMS at the mobile number registered to your NBK Account. If your number has not been updated, you will have to visit a branch to update it, in order to receive the code successfully.
- How do I input the OTP?
The OTP consists of 6 alphanumeric characters that will be sent to your mobile number. You input the OTP in the field that appears once you click “Pending Beneficiary.”
- What is the maximum number of beneficiaries I can have?
The maximum number should not exceed 200. If you have reached the maximum number of beneficiaries and wish to add a new one, you will need to delete any beneficiary record and add the new ones.
How do I create a new beneficiary?
Simply follow these steps to create or update your local and international beneficiaries:
- Login to NBK Online Banking
- Click on “Transfer Funds”
- Select “Add Local Beneficiary” or “Add International Beneficiary”
- Complete all the required beneficiary’s details, then click on “Submit”
- A code will be sent to your mobile by SMS. The code consists of 6 alphanumeric characters*
- A pop-up message will be displayed on your screen to confirm the beneficiary creation/update. Click on “Submit”
- You will be directed to the beneficiaries’ list. Click on the “Pending Beneficiary” that is under “Action” to enter the code that is sent to you on your mobile
- Enter the verification code, then “Verify” to activate the beneficiary**
- You will be returned to the beneficiaries’ list page and you will be able to make transfers to this beneficiary
*If you have changed your mobile number, please visit the nearest NBK branch to update your details
**In this step, you can also delete the beneficiary by clicking on “Delete” or request a new verification code by clicking on “Resend verification code”
- Will I be notified of my transfer and new beneficiary?
NBK will be sending you an immediate SMS notification upon creation of a new beneficiary.
- What should I do if my mobile number is not up to date?
To update your phone number, you need to visit the nearest NBK Branch or update it through NBK Online Banking*.
*To be able to update the mobile number through NBK Online Banking, you need to have your old mobile number with you to receive the verification code to complete the update process.
- How do I know that NBK Online Banking is secure?
For your peace of mind, NBK Lebanon has implemented state-of-the-art online banking security – by registering for the NBK Online Banking Security Key you can be assured that your personalized online banking is protected.
The NBK Lebanon team recommends that once you complete your registration that you register your computer – this provides you added protection.
- What is NBK Mobile Banking?
NBK Mobile Banking is a term used for performing financial transactions, such as balance checks, account transactions, payments, etc. via a mobile device either offered by SMS or smartphones. NBK Mobile Banking first started with SMS, but with the introduction of smartphones to the market, users tend to download applications (apps) on their smartphone devices and start using them.
The NBK Mobile Banking App:
- Enables users to check, access, and use their existing financial accounts
- Allows users to check balances and latest transactions
- Lets users pay bills and Transfer Funds
- Performs transactions fast, easily, and securely
All in one quick view!
- Why do I need NBK Mobile Banking?
Convenient and secure, NBK Mobile Banking enables you to fulfill your banking needs on the move. No need to come to branch and queue, order checkbooks or inquire about your account balance and statements. NBK Mobile Banking gives you updates on the spot, without the need to go to an ATM or log online.
- On what device can I use the NBK Mobile Banking App?
NBK has developed custom application for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android and Blackberry.
- How is NBK Mobile Banking different from NBK Online Banking?
Our application is made specifically for smartphones to have a better experience. With one touch access to login, easy menu navigation, and GPS-powered location information and more.
- How does NBK protect my information on NBK Mobile Banking
- NBK will not ask you to store your username or password. You will need to enter your password every time you login to access your account
- No personal information is stored on your phone while using NBK Mobile Banking
- First enrollment will be through NBK Online Banking to insure validity
- New beneficiaries should be created through NBK Online Banking to show on the Mobile Banking application
- How do I download the mobile application for iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch?
Our iPhone application is available for free and can download from:
iTunes App Store
- How do I download the NBK Mobile Banking App for BlackBerry?
Our Blackberry application is available for free and can be downloaded from:
- How do I download the NBK Mobile Banking App for Android?
Our Android application is available for free and can be downloaded from:
Google Play Store
- What is available on the NBK Mobile Banking application?
NBK enables you to:
Make transfers between your accounts, to other NBK accounts, accounts at other banks
- View the history of transactions made on your account
- View the balance and transactions on your credit cards, loans, and deposits
- Make payments to your credit card, and pay telephone bills
- Report stolen or lost cards
- Find our branches through a branch locator
- Find our ATM's across Lebanon
- Request printed statements and make checkbook requests
And much more …
- How do I add a beneficiary on NBK Mobile Banking?
Beneficiaries must be added on NBK Online Banking in order to do the transfers on your device. Once the new beneficiary is added, you do the transfer on your device.
- How do I report a lost ATM card?
- Go to the home screen in NBK Mobile Banking application
- Go to "Services"
- Report stolen cards by selecting "Card Restriction"
- Select the stolen card(s)
- Select “Lost” or “Stolen” card
- Submit your request by selecting "OK"
- What do I do if I change my mobile number?
Please visit your nearest NBK branch and we will update your details on our records.
- What if I forget my NBK Mobile Banking password?
- Login to NBK Online Banking
- Click on "NBK Mobile Banking"
- Click on "Forgot Password"
- Enter a new password
- Confirm your password by re-entering it
- Go to your NBK Mobile Banking application on your device & login with the new password
- What do I do if I change my mobile phone?
- Download the application on your new device
- Call the NBK Call Center on 01759700 and ask the agent to un-enroll your old device
- Enroll your device and follow:
Registration and enrollment process
- Launch the application on the new device
You can also enroll by logging into Online Banking and follow the below steps:
- Login to Online Banking
- Select “Self-Services” tab then “Mobile Banking” then “Manage Devices”
- Click on “Add” to add your new device
- Enroll your device and follow:
Registration and enrollment process
- Can I have NBK Mobile Banking on multiple devices?
Yes, now the application can be downloaded, installed and enrolled on up to (maximum) 5 devices
- How much do I have to pay to download NBK Mobile Banking?
There are no fees. The application is free.
- How do I change my password? Can I change my NBK Mobile Banking Password?
Of course, you can change your password by following these steps:
- Go to the home screen on your NBK Mobile Banking
- Go to "Settings"
- Choose "Password Management"
- Enter current password
- Enter new password
- Re-enter new password in order to confirm
- Tap on "Change" to set the new password
- Can anyone else use my NBK Mobile Banking?
No one else can use your NBK Mobile Banking. This is another secure banking channel where every time you wish to use your NBK Mobile Banking, the password prompt will appear.
- Does NBK Mobile Banking have a similar appearance on all phones?
The appearance of the application may differ depending Operation System (OS) on the mobile phone being used, but functions and transactions remain the same.
- How do I enable/disable my application?
Call our Call Centre on 01759700 and ask for enable/disable the service or login to NBK Online Banking, select NBK Mobile Banking, select Enable/Disable, and then enable or disable the service.
- How is it different from the existing SMS Banking Service?
"Real Time SMS" is a service where the customer receives these alerts on mobile transactions. These include points of sale purchases, salary credits, ATM withdrawals, etc. While NBK Mobile Banking enables you to conduct your banking transactions on your device locally and internationally.
- What are the prerequisites for using NBK Mobile Banking?
You must be a NBK Online Banking registered user and have an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android or Blackberry mobile device. You must also have downloaded the NBK Mobile Banking App.
- What if I lose my mobile?
You are required to contact "Call Centre" immediately by calling 01759700 to disable the service. You can also disable your Mobile Banking service through NBK Online Banking by selecting “Disable” under “Mobile Banking”.
- What if I receive a call while using the NBK Mobile Banking App?
You will be able to receive SMS and receive incoming calls. However, should you reply to the SMS or the incoming call and spend some time on it, for security reasons, you will be automatically logged out of the app and will need to log in again.
- How many transactions the customers can do to pay the phone bills on daily basis?
You will have the chance to do payments 5 times a day.
- What are the services provided through the ATMs?
• Withdraw cash (within the available limit)
• Change Debit/Credit Card PIN
• Request check book
• Request mini account statement
• Request account statement through branch (last 30 transactions)
• Transfer between your accounts
Where can i find NBK Branches and what are the services offered?
We have 3 branches: Chiah, Sanayeh and Bhamdoun.
- Unlimited cash deposits and withdrawals
- Transfers – internally between accounts or externally to other banks.
- Foreign currency exchange
- Clear, deposit and order checks
- Open an account (for new customers)
- Request a credit card
- Apply for products or services,
- Process loans
Update your details:
Update your personal information to ensure secure banking (i.e.: contact number, email, Civil ID, signature change, Know Your Customer (KYC) details)
- Make inquiries about any NBK products and services
- Manage “Power Of Attorney” requests so that you can allow family members and business partners to access your accounts and/or safe deposit boxes
- Process loans