You want to ensure smooth processing of all your checks. That’s why we offer the electronic check clearing system between banks in Lebanon to provide you with the most efficient, time-saving and convenient banking experience. The system is simple and secure ensuring the utmost safety and peace of mind at all times.
Who is it for?
Checkbooks are only issued to customers who hold active NBK Accounts.
What do I get?
Clearing of checks will be done within 1 business day
All local banks’ checks will be scanned and processed using the new electronic check clearing system
How do i get it?
- In order to process your checks without any rejections, please ensure you have sufficient funds in your account
- If your checkbook has been issued before 2010, please contact NBK to arrange for a new one to be issued
- Any checks not meeting the size and security features will not be processed using the NBK Electronic Clearing System
Can my checks be of any size or are there guidelines around standard check sizes?
Only checks meeting the standard size requirements will be accepted for processing. Checks should either be 20.3 cm x 7.6 cm or 22.8 cm x 8.9 cm.
Are there any specific security features that I need to adhere to?
Checkbooks issued by NBK Lebanon comply with all security features and these include:
- Type of paper used which does not allow for checks to be photocopied
- Special type of ink
- Watermark as part of the checks
- UV logo
What do I have to remember when dealing with checks?
- Do not write or sign over the MICR code at the bottom of the check.
- Generally keep checks in a good condition - it should not be folded or stapled to the paper. Make sure that your checks are not damaged in any way (ie: torn, folded, or crumpled).
- The check should not be exposed to direct sunlight nor kept in a hot place e.g. in a car in direct sunlight as this can damage the UV logo.
- Ensure the availability of sufficient funds in the account before issuing checks (checks returned due to insufficient funds may lead to criminal prosecutions and/ or closure of your account by NBK Lebanon).