What should I know about the SMS service?
- The service has a monthly fee of LBP 4500
- Subscription fee will be deducted after 24 hours from date of subscription
- A real-time SMS will be sent for any transactions, made on your account or credit card, through any channel
- You can change the threshold by logging into NBK Online Banking or visiting the branch
- You have 1 month after the fee is deducted to stop the service and receive a full refund – you must contact NBK Lebanon at 01759700 to execute this processess
How can I subscribe to SMS service?
You can subscribe through NBK Online Banking, or call NBK Lebanon at 01759700 or visit any NBK branch.
What is the subscription fee for the SMS service?
There is an annual fee that will be deducted after 24 hours from the date of subscription.
When do I receive the SMS message?
SMS service will alert you instantly once you complete one of the following transactions:
- Purchases through Point of Sale
- Make internet purchases
- Make cash withdrawals or deposits
- Receive a salary, allowance or transfer
- Open or close accounts
- Your new credit card has been issued and is ready for pick-up
- Make withdrawals, transfers and automated payments
- Change the PIN number of your debit card
- Establish a standing order
Note: the SMS messages will show you the amounts debited or credited as well as the remaining balance
What will the SMS messages display?
They will show you the amounts debited or credited from your account, along with the remaining balance.
Will I receive SMS messages when I’m abroad?
If you have roaming service on your mobile phone line, you will receive the SMS alerts in USD.
In what language will the SMS be sent to me?
You can choose your preferred language: Arabic or English.
How can I cancel the service? And If I cancel do you refund the fees?
You can cancel the service by calling NBK Lebanon at 01759700 or visiting any NBK branches.
We can refund the fees after cancellation – however we must receive the cancellation request within a month from the actual date of the fee deduction.
What do I have to do if I change my mobile number?
If you change your mobile number, please make sure to update it through NBK Online Banking or by calling NBK Lebanon at 01759700 or visiting any NBK branch to ensure that you keep receiving your real-time messages.
How will my SMS service notifications change when I am abroad?
Mobile holders with roaming services will receive SMS alerts in US dollars when traveling abroad.
What is the SMS service related charges?
An annual fee will be applied after a year from the date of subscription.
Can I receive SMS alerts even if I make transactions that are under set threshold or equivalent?
Yes, you can select a threshold amount for receiving an SMS alert. For more details contact NBK Lebanon at 01759700 or visit your nearest branch.