You like to get the best deal possible - and this includes getting the most fair exchange rate when it comes to converting your dinars.
The NBK Foreign Currency Prepaid Card is designed for frequent travelers to a single destination or transactions in one currency. With this card, you can track and spend your converted dinars with confidence - knowing that the conversion rate is fixed.
Who is it for?
- For NBK Account holders
- This card is designed for frequent travelers to a single destination or multiple transactions in one currency
- Those desiring to spend their money in the following currencies:
- US Dollar
- Pound Sterling
- UAE Dirham
- Egyptian Pound
- Indian Rupee
- Jordanian Dinar
- Kuwaiti Dinar
- Saudi Riyal
What do I get?
The choice of multiple foreign currencies
Available card limit: KD 30,000 or its equivalent
You can reload the card only using Kuwaiti dinars, which will then be converted to the currency of your choice
NBK Secure Shopping - An online added security layer that protects prepaid cardholders’ online purchases from fraudulent use of their prepaid cards
What makes it special?
- Protects you against any fluctuations in future conversion rates
- Transact in the currency that’s most relevant to you
- Various offers and promotions from Visa
- Safety & security - Your NBK Foreign Currency Visa Prepaid Card saves you the worry of carrying cash
- Convenience - Your card allows you the convenience and flexibility to withdraw cash locally from NBK ATMs or internationally through any ATM that accept Visa cards
- Visa global assistance services
- Accepted worldwide
Tell Me More
- Load it via NBK Online or Mobile Banking, visiting your nearest branch or alternatively at time of purchase
- No need to activate your prepaid card, NBK prepaid cards are already activated for your convenience
- Can be used locally and internationally at point of sale terminals, for cash withdrawals and online purchases
- KD 10 issuance fee
- KD 5 replacement
- KD 10 annual fee
Can I request to have the card in more than one currency?
No, however you can apply for more than one card each holding your desired currency.
What are the fees & charges associated to using the card?
When loading the card, you will be charged the foreign exchange & a markup of 2%.
Where can this card be used?
The card can be used when shopping online, on POS machines, and on ATMs to withdraw cash.