If you are taking a new loan, enjoy the peace of mind that NBK’s Loan Insurance gives you. You’ll be carefree as you repay your loan balance, knowing that you and family have your needs insured.
The NBK’s Loan Insurance Plan insures your loan so that in the event of death, the outstanding amount is settled by the insurance company. You are required to pay a very minimal monthly premium depending upon your loan amount. Put your mind at ease knowing that the NBK Loan Insurance Plan has you covered no matter what.
Who can apply?
All NBK Loanholders.
What should I know?
- In case of death, your outstanding loan will be settled
- Your contribution is only half of the insurance premium
- NBK will bear the remaining half of your insurance premium
- The premium decreases as the outstanding loan decreases
- Insurance premium stops if you settle your loan early
- It is subject to change on a yearly basis – as per the current premium rate you will be required to pay a total of KD 19 for a KD 10,000 loan over 5 years
- Even if the premium rate increases NBK will ensure that your total payout never exceed 2% of your loan amount
- Please note that disability of any kind is not covered under this insurance plan
- Also note that loan insurance can be taken only at the time of applying for a loan – you will not be able to insure your loan later
How do I apply?
There is no need to apply separately or take a medical examination. Just kindly indicate your preference for insurance on your loan contract.
For more details, please contact NBK Call Center at 1801801.